The Commercial Invoice
Not just a mechanism for payment
SMEs run the risk of having their export goods to the EU stopped at the border from 1st January 2021 if they have not completed the new paperwork correctly.
Freight forwarders will need additional information
Freight forwarders and intermediaries will need additional information from you before they can complete customs declarations on your behalf.
Your cargo may not be collected
You run the risk of not having your cargo collected by your freight forwarder if you cannot provide them with a Commercial Invoice.
Linda takes you through all of the items that need to appear on the completed invoice such as Commodity Codes, Incoterms and Rules of Origin. What are they? Find out by watching the programme.
:The Commercial Invoice:
- The Commercial Invoice – not just a mechanism for payment
- Why it is the trader’s responsibility to provide a Commercial Invoice and not the freight forwarders.
- Why the Commercial Invoice plays a unique role for customs declarations
- Commodity Codes – What they are and the cost of getting them wrong
- What Incoterms are and how they define delivery and risk
- What Rules of Origin are and why they are important
- Use of accurate Commodity Codes and how to find and apply them
- How to avoid costly mistakes when negotiating Incoterms
- How to apply Rules of Origin to your product
- How to obtain a Certificate of Origin
Linda Bazant LLB (Hons)
Linda is a regular speaker and panellist for Richmond Events and is a Transition adviser and online trainer for Surrey Chambers of Commerce. Events include: The EUGDPR Global Conference, Data Protection World Forum, Scope TV programme on IndusDotNews, Business Connections Live and LBC. She continues to be a Transition keynote speaker and panel member in addition to providing consultancy, bespoke training and regular webinars for her clients.
Linda Bazant is an Entrepreneur and Barrister. She is a member of Gray’s Inn and the Bar Association of Commerce and Finance in Industry (BACFI). Linda is also an affiliate member of The Institute of Export & International Trade. Linda specializes in compliance and corporate governance, she advises major blue-chip companies on the implementation of legal process and procedures.