The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into effect on 25th May 2018
New EU ePrivacy Regulation currently being drafted (expected 2019)
LRB Consult can assist you in completing your Policies, Procedures, Privacy Notices and provide Employee Awareness Training and Sales/Marketing Training.
It is important for business to ensure that it’s data protection procedures are brought right up to date not only to comply with the regulation but to ensure that you are able to compete and are ready to continue to trade with the EU in the new environment post Brexit.
GDPR Ongoing Compliance
As a Data Controller you need to be fully compliant with GDPR and assess:
- the personal data that the business currently holds;
- the origin of the data and who your business is sharing it with (data processors);
- current data protection policies and how they need to be updated to be fully compliant;
- current privacy notices;
- the readiness of the business strategy going forward.
- appoint a Data Protection Officer if required
GDPR Compliance Post Brexit
The GDPR applies not only to those in the EU but also to any business outside the EU that will be processing the personal data of EU citizens.
Therefore, it is in the interest of any UK based business to continue to be GDPR compliant after 2019.
If you are a US corporate, we can advise on how you can remain compliant when dealing with EU citizens.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) will continue to update it’s guidance in conjunction with the UK government .
The Affect of GDPR and ePrivacy Regulation on Sales and Marketing
How Will GDPR and ePrivacy Affect Sales – Train your sales force to use GDPR as a benefit when promoting your product. The whole purpose of GDPR is to engender trust. Trust in your business. Trust in Your product; Trust in your people.
Let us train your sales force
- How to sell using GDPR and ePrivacy
- Safe prospecting
- The resurgence of cold calling
- Introductory emails
- A sales platform built on trust
- A re-motivated sales force
- A culture of GDPR in your business
- Enhanced reputation of your brand